This is it – January 2019 is the final print issue of Entrepreneur Magazine SA. I was fortunate to meet some truly incredible people for this issue:
– On the cover is Khudusela Pitje (New GX Capital), SA’s next big industrialist who has come from humble beginnings to spearheading a R1,6 billion turnover business as well as making a positive impact in local communities and our economy
– Dynamic and passionate Rich Mulholland of, amongst others TalkDrawer, talks about finding new ways to stay energetic, avoid regret and creating room to grow. We also chatted at length about our shared love for Triumph motorcycles!
– I photographed two thirds of the team from Retroviral, Mike Sharman and Ben Karpinski who have now launched a new agency aligning sports with their clients and brands. See more at Retroactive.digital
– Greg Tinkler of Slender You, gives valuable lessons in launching & scaling a new product-based business in a short time frame.
– Executive director of CECOSA, Theresa Moller gives great advice on starting up and succeeding in the export industry
– October cover feature, Paul Kent of Sureswipe and his business partner Richard Flack discuss the importance of a company’s culture on it’s success.
It’s been an incredible privilege to work alongside the team at Entrepreneur the past couple of years. I’ll certainly miss them as well as meeting and photographing the most influential and successful business people in South Africa.
Thursday night saw Naffie celebrate her birthday in style at the magnificent The Marabi Club in Johannesburg!
Friends and family enjoyed the live jazz music, champagne and hors d’oeuvres before being whisked away to a VIP private room that’s a closely guarded secret so much so that photos are forbidden(!)
Needless to say, the party continued there late into the night!
In what is sadly, the penultimate print issue of Entrepreneur Magazine South Africa I am really proud to have met and photographed these top entrepreneurs:
- On the cover are copywriter Lauren Gouws (nee Meikle), David Torr of UCOOK, and Hezron Louw of Sumting Fresh who have all proven that you don’t need millions to start a successful business.
- Someone who for a long time I’d hoped to meet and photograph, having listened to his inspirational business presentations, Vusi Thembekwayo: Global speaker, venture capitalist and author.
- Erik Kruger, who runs The Mental Performance Lab talks about helping others develop a high-performance state of mind
- Making yet another well-deserved appearance, Benji Coetzee of Empty Trips, which is raking in the industry accolades around the world.
I was so honoured to attend the recent launch of Bonang Mohale’s book “Lift as you Rise” last week at Exclusive Books in Sandton City.
Thanks to a post on Facebook from top publisher Tracey McDonald back in May we got in touch set up a portrait session at Mr Mohale’s BLSA offices.
Mr Mohale is the CEO of Business Leadership South Africa but has held numerous leadership positions from Shell South Africa, Drake & Skull FM, Sanlam, SAA and Otis. He is a true gentleman to work with and a genuinely great person to talk to.
Thanks also to:
Kylie Black from Made Up by Kylie
Retouching by Lourensia Burger of Quickpic Editing
Kelly Harris for the original referral
Just a reminder to print your photos! Albums, framed prints, canvas – so many beautiful options…your photos deserve to be displayed!
Not to mention what a thoughtful and long-lasting gift an album makes for a loved one.