Thursday night saw Naffie celebrate her birthday in style at the magnificent The Marabi Club in Johannesburg!
Friends and family enjoyed the live jazz music, champagne and hors d’oeuvres before being whisked away to a VIP private room that’s a closely guarded secret so much so that photos are forbidden(!)
Needless to say, the party continued there late into the night!
In what is sadly, the penultimate print issue of Entrepreneur Magazine South Africa I am really proud to have met and photographed these top entrepreneurs:
- On the cover are copywriter Lauren Gouws (nee Meikle), David Torr of UCOOK, and Hezron Louw of Sumting Fresh who have all proven that you don’t need millions to start a successful business.
- Someone who for a long time I’d hoped to meet and photograph, having listened to his inspirational business presentations, Vusi Thembekwayo: Global speaker, venture capitalist and author.
- Erik Kruger, who runs The Mental Performance Lab talks about helping others develop a high-performance state of mind
- Making yet another well-deserved appearance, Benji Coetzee of Empty Trips, which is raking in the industry accolades around the world.
I was so honoured to attend the recent launch of Bonang Mohale’s book “Lift as you Rise” last week at Exclusive Books in Sandton City.
Thanks to a post on Facebook from top publisher Tracey McDonald back in May we got in touch set up a portrait session at Mr Mohale’s BLSA offices.
Mr Mohale is the CEO of Business Leadership South Africa but has held numerous leadership positions from Shell South Africa, Drake & Skull FM, Sanlam, SAA and Otis. He is a true gentleman to work with and a genuinely great person to talk to.
Thanks also to:
Kylie Black from Made Up by Kylie
Retouching by Lourensia Burger of Quickpic Editing
Kelly Harris for the original referral
Just a reminder to print your photos! Albums, framed prints, canvas – so many beautiful options…your photos deserve to be displayed!
Not to mention what a thoughtful and long-lasting gift an album makes for a loved one.
In a super November issue of Entrepreneur Magazine South Africa:
- Definitely one of the coolest shoots with the team from The Brand Cartel! Thank you to Renate Albrecht, Marco Ferreira & Dillon Warren for trekking around the Bryanston shopping centre to find some interesting places for their images.
- It was also really great to meet a legend of the SA music industry, Danny K who is now behind an awesome local electronics brand ROCKA, as well as a fantastic health brand, Good Heart Foods and not forgetting his social initiative (founded alongside Kabelo Mabalane) SHOUT for a Safer South Africa and being a 46664 ambassador!
- I also had the pleasure of meeting Woman of Stature founder Charlotte Du Plessis and director Sue Moodley. Woman of Stature is an organisation that plans to give South Africa its next generation of high-impact entrepreneurs, ministers and even a president.
- Last but not least Paul Jackson, CEO of TUHF, who’s company provides specialised residential property development finance
- And Kumaran Padayachee, CEO of Spartan, who’s company specialises in providing finance to SME’s
I realised today that I’m actually so far behind on sharing some client albums – and this is a perfect place to start catching up!
Annemie’s maternity session just worked out so perfectly – it some ways it looks like a styled shoot even :-) We started at the Munro Hotel with make-up by the brilliant Bailey Brown from KolourCult before taking a few last pics at the beautiful Wilds park in Houghton. The amazing graffiti is by Dekor One / Studio Dekade.
Make-up by: KolourCult
Venue: The Munro Boutique Hotel
Annemie’s dress: Cocoberry